Thursday, December 23, 2021

Garden December 2021

  

December Garden List
1. Clean up seed starting area
2. Start Winter garden




Winter gardening has started about two weeks ago. This is the lettuce before transplanting. It's 16 days from planting. In about another 10 days I'll be harvesting the first lettuce salad. I'm going by the last time I grew salads. Radishes were a little faster, but I haven't been able to grow radishes after the first time of success.

The radishes look good, but the radish part is not producing a radish bulb. I'm wondering if the soil is too rich for the radishes. If there's too much nitrogen in the soil, then the top will grow great, but the roots won't produce. There could be left over fertilizer in the soil from the reused potting mix. I have discovered that even if the radish doesn't develop the top leaves taste just like radish. So the plant can be used in salads for the radish taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment